|Address:||100170 Tashkent city, Mirzo Ulugbek district, Ziyolilar str., 13|
|director:||Berdiyeva Zukhra Shukurovna|
|Phone:||(+998 71) 262 74 58; (+998 71) 262 29 62|
|Fax:||(+998 71) 262 74 58|
Fundamental Library of the Academy of Science was established in 1933, during the 80 th year our library invested a great contribution to the development of science in Uzbekistan. History of our library is inextricably linked with the history of formation and development of science in the country. In October 1932 by decree of the Presidium of the CEC of Uzbekistan organized the Republican Committee for the management of scientific research institutions of Uzbekistan (Committee of Sciences). On the agenda the question of the Committee on the establishment of the Library Science. In 1933 the library was created, the initial fund which amounted to only 39 000 422 copies of book publications. The library has a total of six library employee. Starting it laid the foundation of the library Association Uzbek research institutes. So there was a library in Tashkent, whose main objective - fully contribute to the development of the Uzbek science, to become the universal scientific library book fund. The library was located in the center of Tashkent, in adapted premises, close to Institute of Uzbek Academy of Sciences. Original task was picking fund literature, which by its content would meet all the needs and requirements of scientists, immediate processing and transfer it for use by readers, business directories. With the refinement of the profile library acquisition funds ceases casual character. Acquisition of the old and new literature at the expense of the doublet and exchange other libraries, such as GPB, SAGA, SAPI, TashVKSSh etc. In the early years of the completion of the library book fund has been slow profile acquisition was narrow. Reading was acquired mainly by geologists and botany - subjects most developed at the time. The average number of readers was 300 people. The first five years were the years of establishment of the library. The creation of the library made its first head of SI Vinogradov , who led the library in 1933-1934, . , And A. Ageev 1934-1936 gg. Largely due to their efforts in our country appeared library, which almost immediately took over the provision of information science. The initial period of typical library significant donations . Among the donors - Professor Malicki , Grushkin , Brotsky Kondrashov , Mabuza and other scientists , as well as academic institutions in Uzbekistan. It is difficult to overestimate the importance of the contribution of scientists in the Academy of Sciences of the formation and development in this period. Their efforts were aimed at streamlining fund the creation of directories. Scholars Academy Library provided real help in designing a system placement funds, "Law Library", all sorts of instructions, sought increased funding, staffing solutions problems extension visits. At this time, were initiated bibliographic work, opened bibliographic department. From 1936-1958 gg. library was headed Tamara Krylova, Honored Worker of Culture of Uzbekistan. It placed the brightest page in the history of the library, when it created the basis of the internal structure, formed by staff. The next stage of the history of the library associated with the creation in 1940 of the Committee on the basis of Sciences of the Uzbek branch of the Academy of Sciences . Library was a branch structure as an independent scientific and auxiliary department. Increased provision , which gave an opportunity to expand recruitment funds in all branches of science and technology . Library staff has been increased to 17. By 1940, the library was assembled Sciences Committee book fund , which totaled 53,600 units of storage , delivery was adjusted obligatory copy of all publications of the Committee of Science . The fund was collected books XVII-XVIII centuries . , Classics of science and literature, foreign literature . The collection of rare books is the only Central Asian facsimile edition of "Avesta" , as well as large regional literature . The library memoir library known researcher of Central Asia BA Mabuza . Big changes in library work made World War II . Uzbek branch of the Academy of Sciences became the smithy of scientific personnel , the center of scientific thought republic. Library activities in these years was of exceptional importance . Hardships of the war resulted in a significant reduction in funding for this cultural institution downsizing librarians. At the same time the amount of maintenance work on the readers increased significantly by increasing the number of readers of employees of research institutions in Moscow, Leningrad , evacuated to Tashkent. If in 1941 , there were 400 readers , 15 thousand visits , Circulation 26 thousand , in 1942 funds libraries use more than 1 thousand readers. In 1941 was organized by a small reading room . Thanks to the efforts of librarians - TN Krylova , TV Smirnova , VN Lassenius , AP Sirotinskaya , FA Schneiderman , AI Demina , VI Samandarova - scientists continued service on the same high level. The work of these humble toilers was awarded numerous government awards. The library of the Uzbek Academy of Sciences Branch in 1942 was awarded the Diploma of the National Committee of the Union of workers in higher education and research institutions of Uzbekistan for the good organization of service agencies evacuated . Already by 1942 collection amounted to more than 90 000 copies. In 1943, in the midst of war, in the academic life of our country was a significant event. Uzbek branch of the Academy of Sciences was reorganized into the Uzbek Academy of Sciences, and since that time the library was called the Fundamental Library of the Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan. In 1944, the library was included in the list of major public libraries receiving of the All-Union Book Chamber mandatory copy the entire book production , leaving the country . In the same year, was first obtained by the limit on foreign literature . The increase is contributed to a significant replenishment editions of previous years . Were acquired by private collections professors BA Mabuza , AL Brodskoga , GG Gushkina , NA Malitsky consisting of pre-revolutionary and early Soviet publications on botany , zoology, geography, physics and engineering. In those same years, the Library received a gift from Professor SK Kandrasheva collection of books on agriculture. The library’s fund contains many unique items - such as : "From Orenburg to Tashkent. 1867-1868 gg. " VV Vereshchagin (1874 ), "From Kokand. Information about traveling the Kokand khanate in 1870 " AP Mabuza (1871), "Islam " (1918 ), "History of Turkistan " (1922) VV Barthold , "Geography of the Turkestan Region " NV Ostroumova (1886), " Travels in Central Asia " Vamberi A. (1865), "Tashkent , past and present " Dobromyslov A. (1911), " Diary of a journey to the palace of Timur in Samarkand in 1403-1406 gg." Clavijo (1881 ), etc. The library memoir library known researcher of Central Asia BA Mabuza . Library readers were outstanding scientists of Uzbekistan - such as AS Sadykov, Kary-Niyazov , SY Yunusov , IM Muminov, Ya. Gulyams etc. Library conducts scientific bibliographical work , the main place it occupies in the sectoral and thematic bibliography, giving scientists the most comprehensive information about the literature on relevant industry knowledge. Library bibliographies are available - such as : " Bibliography of publications Uzbek Academy of Sciences " ( 1933 ) , "Science and research work in Uzbekistan ," " History of Uzbekistan in the publications of the Academy of Sciences " , published in 1936, "Index of bibliographical aids Uzbekistan " . By 2000 anniversary of Tashkent was issued pointer "Tashkent" . In 1981 he was released pointer " Theses on Uzbekistan " ( 1964-1968 . ) . Great demand pointers "Geology of Central Asia ", " Nature and Natural Resources of Uzbekistan " in four episodes : "Geography of Uzbekistan " , "Flora and Fauna of Uzbekistan ", " Hydrobiology of Uzbekistan " and "Fauna of Uzbekistan ." In 1943 , in the midst of war , in the academic life of our country was a significant event. September 27th All-Union government passed a resolution that satisfies the request of the Government of Uzbekistan , on the reorganization of the Uzbek branch of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan . Since 1943, the library became the Fundamental Library of the Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan . In the 50 years the library has experienced the difficulties of normal service because of the placement of readers in different buildings . First in the library open international lending institutions with four four countries. This is the library of the Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences, State Library . Sechenov in Hungary, CB Academy in Bulgaria and the Central National Library in England. ( 1962 ) In the years has improved the quality and service culture readers , improved material conditions of the library. Purchased duplicator " Eraliev " that allowed you to copy individual articles at the request of readers.